Monday, July 5, 2010

New experiences...

...is the way I'd describe this past wk. haha

I had the opportunity to sail with my family on the Rotterdam as a PAX. I've never been a PAX before on a ship, I've only worked for HAL as a cast member... so to be on the other side was rather interesting.

It was a novelty to be able to wear whatever I wanted, to go wherever I wanted, to sit at a bar stool... random things like that. So that was nice, and it was nice not to have to think about work.

But at the same time, I've only just been an employee, it almost felt wrong to be there as a PAX. lol.. As odd as it sounds. I found myself wanting to go down to crew areas and drink with ppl I'd gotten to know... I felt like I had to dress up and do the 'employee' things...

So on top of other random things, format changes, new bars.. it was all kind of a bittersweet experience. Will I ever sail with HAL again as a PAX? Probably not. But I did have fun and am looking forward to getting back on the ship as a crew member. :)



On that random note, I am getting ready to go on the Sapphire Princess as a PAX... Soo, I am hoping that this experience is different in the fact that I've never been on a princess ship and the experience itself will be new. So we shall see. :)

No comments: