Monday, October 20, 2008

Randomness...

Faith.
5 letters, one word, something bigger than most ppl can imagine.
What is Faith? Some people believe, I'd imagine, that it is believing in a higher power. Either it be God, Allah, Buddah, Mickey Mouse. Who knows. I know it as having the power to believe in something that you can't touch, feel, see, taste. It just is, and you have to have the Faith, to believe that it is there.
When I think of Faith, I connect it to Jesus, and God, and the church related things that I have read and pursued myself.
Now, most ppl at this point who might be reading this, think I'm probably go on some religious rant about faith or God or something that has to do with religion. I'm not really, I just have the motivation to write about this.
I'm not going to go on some soapbox speech about how it is wrong to believe in one thing and right to believe in another. Because, one, it's not my place, two, whatever you believe is your own thing.
I personally think just having Faith in something is a great thing, obviously if it something perverse then it isn't great, but I think you can gather what I mean in the end.
Having faith is not easy. I have faith that someday I will find a companion, end up married, have kids, the whole nine yards. But I don't know when it is going to have, or if it is even going too, but I have faith that it will work out.
Having faith I think is what keeps a lot of this world going, we may not know it right away, but we all have faith in something. We may not call it faith though, we may call it luck, or karma, or something to that effect. But we all believe that something is going to happen, or we want something to happen in our favor.
Do you have faith in something? Can you right now look at your daily life and think of something you want to happen and you are wishing for? Put you Faith in something, it's amazing what can happen if you do.

No comments: